Wednesday 23 May 2012

Squirrels: The Garden Killers

There is nothing better than the birds singing on a Saturday morning, crisp air, sun shine and a beautiful garden growing in the yard until... Squirrels strike.

I have been having squirrels dig up by pots with tomatoes every day almost! I can never catch them in the act but I know it is them, and it is starting to make me a little angry. I don’t know what to do, being a man my first thought was to set up a squirrel trap and take care of business but I was afraid my daughter might stumble upon one of my catches and be traumatized by the dead squirrel hanging from the deck. My second thought was to go get my sling shot and take care of business but they are always too close to the house and I am not that good with a sling shot.

I told my awesome cousin Madi and she said I should put hot peppers shaving over the dirt. I am going to try that tonight and we will see whose boss. Its payback time Squirrels…

No comments:

Post a Comment